[Tig] Onelights on Red

Craig Leffel craig at optimus.com
Tue Jul 7 15:39:43 BST 2009

This whole thing is funny -

I've done the reverse toilet bowls many times... yes, where the corners
are brighter. Think vaseline plus a white promist on the edges.....or
the electronic equivalent..... it's definitely not popular, and only
used under duress... but also, to fix a lens with bad falloff, like a
1970's angenieux  .... or the like.

Hasn't a client ever commented that it would be "Great to do a spot like
that" when you were in any of these modes ?  ----

Highlight supervector selection
matte check on defocus or alpha check
overcrank the fleshtone defocus ( just to walk it in )

I used to unlock the Kilovectors on an 8:8:8 and they would spin 360
around the vector scope until the locked back up... I can't remember why
I unlocked them at the moment, it was an effect of switching modes or
something... but a client I was working with asked me to do an alt
layoff with that effect. When I told him it was relatively random, and I
couldn't control it... he said "Well, just get it going and hit the
hooks on the scenes we need, wild is fine ".....

Yeah, those were the days of doing ALT passes because you could.
Ridiculous by today's thoughts. Actually, ridiculous at the time too...

Have fun out there, I'm off to another day of bending files around to my
will on my Baselight.... when will people figure this shit out??

Regards -

Craig Leffel
Optimus