[Tig] Triangular halo

Dave Pickett pickettscharge at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 14 04:54:58 BST 2009

Last night looking at the moon over southern California there was a distinct cyan/blue halo with a point atop the moon.  I second and triple glanced and it looked like a triangular color halo.  I know a little about the Doppler effect of time shifting light but that sight was a first for me.  I don't think it was good ole LA pollution as it was distinctly a reflection being diffracted.  Who knew that you could gaze at the moon one night and see something new?

Anybody have an idea about what caused that?  Maybe a "Northern Lights" type of solar energy bend?

Light is fun,

Dave

Dave Pickett

Colorist