[Tig] Have you ever cried during a session

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Wed Jul 15 00:50:18 BST 2009

On Jul 14, 2009, at 6:10 PM, Carl Skaff wrote:

> When I hit that critical moment of a session on were you have to
> decide if you should kill the client or your self....
> I usually go into a state of autism. Blank face, ears/brain only
> respond to basic commands like "warmer", "darker" etc, noticeable in
> the sound the button-pressing makes.

I do something similar, though what I really think of doing is
whistling a happy tune.   Whistling is underrated as a great client-
pleaser,
and puts you on a level with some of the greatest entertainers who
ever lived.*  We all know MJ would have preferred to whistle his hits,
but his dad and Quincy wouldn't let him.   So I think of whistling
"Don't Stop (Til You Get Enough)" but the strings riffs are a real
challenge.

*apologies to Toots Thielemans

--
Rob Lingelbach