[Tig] Flanders Scientific "Grade" monitor

bill laverty bill at asylumfx.com
Fri Jul 17 17:18:50 BST 2009

On Thu, 2009-07-16 at 16:05 -0400, Robert Houllahan wrote:

> How about a Pioneer Kuro 50" with a SDI converter? Isn't that better
> for $5K?

   Been using the Pioneer Elite glass in my bays for some time now. They
are a decent client monitor. You always hate running more than 1 color monitor
in a suite but...
   You'll want to keep your eye on them. They will drift. Also be careful in
your choice of converters. Set up my first Elite with a Black Magic HDLink.
Great box, excellent price point, just no Psf support. That's a death blow when
you are supporting a lot of the Discreet product. Would up purchasing a Gefen
scaler converter. Only thing available at the time. Not crazy about Gefen. Their
reliability and product support rival that of Iomega and the Zip drive for those
of us who still remember.

-Bill

Bill Laverty
Chief Engineer