[Tig] Control Panels

Joe Owens jpo at prestodigital.ca
Mon Jul 20 18:11:35 BST 2009

> They can send a man to the moon, where the heck is the "auto-color"
> button?
>
> 20 some years ago I had an actress/producer make reference to man
> on the moon and why couldn't we lay down her feature to 3/4''
> faster than realtime? Of course she also wanted scene to scene
> color correction of her high-con print as this was her master.

Jerry Seinfeld had the best take on this:
Monologue

We never should have landed a man on the moon. It's a mistake. Now
everything is compared to that one accomplishment. I can't believe
they could land a man on the moon . . . and taste my coffee! I think
we all would have been a lot happier if they hadn't landed a man on
the moon. Then we'd go, They can't make a prescription bottle top
that's easy to open? I'm not surprised they couldn't land a man on
the moon. Things make perfect sense to me now. Neil Armstrong should
have said, "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for every,
complaining, s.o.b. on the face of the earth. "

Joe Owens
Presto!Digital Colourgrade
302-9664 106 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5H0N4