[Tig] Control Panels

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Mon Jul 20 20:49:07 BST 2009

On Jul 20, 2009, at 2:11 PM, Joe Owens wrote:

> We never should have landed a man on the moon. It's a mistake. Now
> everything is compared to that one accomplishment. I can't believe
> they could land a man on the moon . . . and taste my coffee!

Taking nothing away from Seinfeld, nor the excellent NY humor,  I
think if you talk to some engineers of the enlightened variety, they
might tell you that the theoretical science to land a man on the moon
was done in the early 1700s.

How do those restored videos of moonwalking look?  (I'm having trouble
streaming them due to 2 teenagers at home and a slow connection.)   I
saw a few seconds of Armstrong descending the ladder, and there were
disturbing artifacts that looked like someone overdid the digital
equivalent of clamping, but don't know if I was getting the signal, so
to speak.

--
Rob Lingelbach
rob at colorist.org