[Tig] Jumbo frames

Terry Lockhart terry at finishedit.com
Thu Mar 5 20:24:10 GMT 2009

Be careful with Jumbo frames. It only works if every device on the
network is set to support them. If not, everything slows to a snails
pace. We tried this for archiving out of eQ and found that unless the
network was absolutely dedicated (including switches an hubs) to only
the few machines using Jumbo, it was useless. So we are back to
regular frames on the regular LAN, and only use Jumbo for a single
point-to-point connection.
--
Terry Lockhart
Chief Engineer/IT manager

direct/vm 617 850 6133
main  617 292 0082 or 850 6100
fax   617 292 0083
cel 617 775 3195
<terry at finishedit.com>
<www.finishedit.com>

I'm beginning to understand myself. But it would have been great to be
able to understand myself when I was 20 rather than when I was 82."
--Dave Brubeck,  American jazz pianist