[Tig] Plasma Displays

Kassner, Neal NJK at cbsnews.com
Sat Mar 14 17:03:00 GMT 2009

I was talking to an equipment reseller yesterday, a guy who's worked in the New York City market for a very long time, so I think he knows whereof he speaks. He told me that post facilities around town are beginning to install plasma displays in their grading rooms due to the absence of high-quality LCD or LED displays larger than 23-24". Apparently today's plasmas have acceptable black reproduction, colorimetry, and view angle, good enough so that size matters. If true, are other non-NY facilities going the same route?

Neal Kassner