[Tig] Arri D21

Bob Kertesz bob at bluescreen.com
Tue Mar 31 17:53:51 BST 2009

>I worked very recently with material originated on Arri D21.  The dynamic
>range, color depth, all were absolutely wonderful to work with.  I  eagerly
>await more material from this camera.

Did the footage come in on tape, or was it the file-based DDR stuff?

Do you know which of the many available gamma and color curves were used to
get  the dynamic range and depth which gave you the latitude?

I've worked with the camera before, and did some best-guess setup, but real
information about exactly what the various settings do to the curves is VERY
scarce. Just getting a PDF of the operations manual was an exercise in
international diplomacy.

Having said that, I was quite pleased with the final product as it came out of
Sparkle's bay at Complete Post.

They have very recently started selling it (it was only available as a rental
previously), and I suspect they're going to have to be a lot more forthcoming
about such things, especially at the prices they're asking...

--Bob

Bob Kertesz
BlueScreen LLC
Hollywood, California
bob at bluescreen.com

The Ultimate in ULTIMATTEĀ® compositing.