[Tig] RED workflow on Honda Generator spots--Oliver Peters blogs about it.

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Tue Mar 31 18:19:51 BST 2009

On Tue, 31 Mar 2009, Bob Kertesz wrote:
> I suppose it's to be expected from a $17K camera body, and I find it
> interesting that people put up with this crap, where if the same effort was
> required to post a Sony or Panasonic or Kodak originated product, the peasants
> would be storming the castle with burning bullrushes. Not to mention that it
> took more than a year and many firmware revisions and a sensor swap before
> that $17K body was even usable in a professional environment. No other "pro"
> camera manufacturer has ever been given that kind of slack.

If this camera vendor (RED) causes such problems then why did you
decide to use this camera rather than an already proven Sony,
Panasonic, Kodak, Arri, or Panavision product?

The RED "marketing" has been famous for a few years already, since the
creation of the original RED web site.

Bob Friesenhahn