[Tig] camera thoughts (was: Re: RED workflow)

Robert Houllahan rob at cinelab.com
Tue Mar 31 20:09:37 BST 2009

> Maybe someone who has one of these Red 4K cameras can mount a good
> lens and point it at a standard resolution measurement chart and
> post the result?

A CML member did just that with a 85mm Zeiss MK2 superspeed and a
century precision chart measurement of red vs. 5217. The 35mm was
"better than" 62lp/mm the red was 42lp/mm or about 2.8K if you prefer.
I think even Jannard has admitted to a 2.8k ish number from a 4K de-
bayer. That makes the 2K windowed about 1.3k after demosaic if
measured as MTF.

I'll email the CML-er and see if he can't post his chart to TIG..

-Rob-

Robert Houllahan
rob at cinelab.com
Filmmaker