[Tig] camera thoughts (was: Re: RED workflow)

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Tue Mar 31 21:26:16 BST 2009

On Tue, 31 Mar 2009, Nick Johnson wrote:
> I think he is quite the "expert" on RED ONE - but then he is my son!
> Is the resolution chart you mention something he should have?

I used to have a captured image of the standard test chart but
unfortunately I lost it.

Here is some info that I just found:

The standard test chart costs money but it seems that this page has
a look-alike which can be printed given a suitable printer.

Here are some more:

Note that to test a "4K" camera the test pattern needs to go up to 2K
lines which might require a larger print if the printer is not good
enough.  Here is one which goes pretty far up in quality:

As Rob says, resolution is a system-level function which includes the
camera, lens, base storage format, compression, debayering, and any
additional necessary post-processing.

Bob Friesenhahn