[Tig] projection screen

Marc Wielage mfw at musictrax.com
Sun Nov 15 05:37:17 GMT 2009

On 11/14/09 8:56 AM, "Sinisa Kukic" <sksprocket at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm at the point in my humble studio to add a projection system.
> I've been
researching for while now but can't seem find enough information
> on
projection screens.  Does anyone have any relevant links or
> literature?

>------------------------------<snip>------------------------------<

The E.J. Stewart Filmscreens are top-notch for front projection.  I've used
them at three different facilities (Cinesite, Technicolor, and IL+M), and
they've always been beyond reproach.

A lot depends on projector type and room size (as well as D-Cinema vs. film,
2D vs. 3D), but Stewart has some fairly good guides at their website:

http://www.stewartfilmscreen.com/

The Studiotek 130's are my pick, and I have two of them in my house.  Very
good, consistent brightness, and very accurate color.  Not cheap, however.

--Marc Wielage
  Cinesound/LA