[Tig] Idiot destroys priceless WW2 color film

Joe Owens jpo at prestodigital.ca
Tue Nov 17 16:23:51 GMT 2009

A pretty much perfect example of how "a little bit of knowledge" is a
dangerous thing.
"Everything on the film is perfectly preserved forever on
4K"  ??????    The mind reels.

This is a crime against humanity.  I expect they shot in 29.97... or
they shot in 23.98 while projecting at 18 fps, since most of it is 8mm?
Pretty obvious they are totally oblivious to the harm they are doing
(the old folded cloth film cleaner method????) never mind the pull-
down frame blending.
Who funded this?

On 17-Nov-09, at 6:43 AM, Robert Houllahan wrote:

> Here is video of them "telecine-ing" by filming off a wall with a
> projector and a red in parallax error...

Joe Owens
Presto!Digital Colourgrade
302-9664 106 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5H0N4