[Tig] Steve Hullfish interviews Mr. Lumiere

Steve Hullfish steve4lists at veralith.com
Wed Nov 18 09:20:10 GMT 2009

Jeff - I respect you tremendously and I agree about many of your
points. I also know that in this discussion I am definitely the one at
the disadvantage in terms of expertise and detailed knowledge. I cede
to you on all points, other than the fact that just because you have
an image of a RED shooting something off a wall does NOT mean that the
film was transferred that way for the broadcast itself. You can read
my story on PVC about this now. It may have been a test. It may have
been for real. It may have been for a publicity shot. Publicists don't
know how things SHOULD be done.

PVC ARTICLE ABOUT THE TRANSFERS:
http://tinyurl.com/y93xgtz

He did claim that they projected 8mm footage against a wall and shot
it with a RED, which is pretty crazy for a project that has HD in the
title.

I have great old 8mm home movies that I tried to transfer to the best
of my ability but I know I screwed up (The film is still fine.) I wish
I could afford a better transfer. Obviously this series for the
History Channel SHOULD be able to afford a better transfer than was
done in some cases. And my own experience with the value of my
family's footage almost led me to create a stock footage company based
solely on old family film footage. It's great stuff.

Steve Hullfish