[Tig] Fuji TAF

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Fri Oct 9 14:21:08 BST 2009

On Oct 9, 2009, at 6:14 AM, Carl Skaff wrote:

> I've actually got two sets of TAF-rolls for the same filmstock. And
> they don't even match!

could it be, as was mentioned here yesterday, that each was developed
in a different lab, according to
the target session?

> The Kodak TAF is (I gues) made in a special machine that more or
> less shoots out the image on a filmstock , so all Kodak TAFs
> matches. But what Fuji does
> is that they get a girl infront of a camera and have some
> colorsharts around her and lights it with smome lamps and shoots
> with a 35mm camera.
> So when they come out with a new stock they take a new girl (or the
> same) and tryes to shoot it again, but it never matches from what
> I've seen.

I think the lab differences could account for what you're seeing and
it's a feature, not a bug :).
If we could get someone in LA to call George Gush and get his remarks,
they would help a lot in
clarifying the situation.  He's been a friend to colorists for as long
as I can remember and is now at
Fuji.

--
Rob Lingelbach