[Tig] Dolby now in Grade 1 monitor business...

David C. Crosthwait david at dcvideo.com
Tue Apr 6 14:38:39 BST 2010

I too saw this press release courtesy of Studio Daily:

http://www.studiodaily.com/blog/?p=2977

Quoting the article:
"Dolby is designing and manufacturing the displays in-house to keep
tabs on the quality of individual units. The price hasn’t been set,
though Power said Dolby has been in touch with customers to make sure
the cost isn’t out of line. “There are expected industry benchmarks on
pricing, and $800 to $1200 per inch seems to be the reference point,”
he said. Somewhere between $34,000 and $50,000, then, when this thing
ships later in 2010."

34,000-$50,000 is all this will cost you to be the first on the block.
I think I will keep the CRT here in the edit bay just a little bit
longer...

David Crosthwait
DC Video
Archived Media Transfer and Re-mastering Services
177 West Magnolia Blvd.
Burbank, CA. 91502
818-563-1073
818-563-1177 (fax)