[Tig] Alexa, Penelope, (was Re: NAB 2010)

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Fri Apr 16 01:07:05 BST 2010

On Apr 15, 2010, at 2:02 PM, Bob Festa wrote:

>  parts of the spot were screened in Arri's Alexa suite. Im still
> picking up pieces of my jaw off of the floor. It was one of those
> moments in a side by side split where you recognize that something
> special is happening right in front of you.

I understand that the Alexa improves on the D21's dynamic range, and
the camera's also less expensive?

I've been working on various projects shot on the D21 and am really
happy with the range, particularly when compared with another camera's
material.  I hope to work with Aaton Penelope-generated images soon
and see what that camera's capable of.

Rob
--
Rob Lingelbach  http://www.colorist.org/robhome.html