[Tig] Resolve Telecine Questions...

Joe Owens jpo at prestodigital.ca
Mon Apr 19 19:14:22 BST 2010

I'm not a Resolve owner, so this is only coming from what's been
published.
I don't expect the Mac-Resolve to be able to control a telecine.
Maybe the Linux, as that is closer to being a "real" Resolve.  In the
Manual available online, there is a phrase in the TLC section that
talks about "ingest" from a telecine, but that might be through some
kind of simulated RS422 remote.  If you check the Appendices, the
typical hardware configuration doesn't show any telecine paths, but
lots of VTR tape-to-tape.

jPo

On 19-Apr-10, at 10:35 AM, Robert Houllahan wrote:

> Gary Adams supports the TIG.
> ====
>
> I have a question for those who have Resolve..
>
> Will it drive a Telecine? like our Y-Front URSA? and if so will the
> video "pass through" the resolve system such that secondaries and
> windows can be applied like the 888DUI I have already or will the
> resolve just do TK control?
>
> Curious...
>

> -Rob-
>

> Robert Houllahan