[Tig] Floppy readers (was Digital Dark Age and Telecine)

Ted Langdell ted at tedlangdell.com
Fri Apr 30 20:00:54 BST 2010

Hi, Joe,

On Apr 30, 2010, at 8:02 AM, Joe Owens wrote:

>  ("I'm a Mac...") .. and I don't have that slot.  I wound up taking
> them home (my old XP PC), and emailing them to my office.
>
> Joe Owens

I'm a Mac user, also, and if I needed to read floppies, I'd:

A: Go to storage and grab my one of my 199x Mac that does, read it and
transport via ethernet to my current Mac(s) or
B: buy a an External floppy reader that is USB bus powered.

There are a lot of major brand name external floppy readers you'll
find on-line for less than $30.
Teac, LaCie, Sony and Verbatim are four that appeared.

I'd suggest reading the reviews before buying... and also checking
with local computer stores (Mac and PC) to see what they stock.

Hope this is helpful.

Ted

Ted Langdell
flashscan8.us
Main: 	(530) 741-1212
Cell: 	(530) 301-2931
ted at flashscan8.us

New MWA Nova 1920 x 1080 flashtransferHD 16/35
at flashscan8.us

I would add—No current MWA equipment uses floppies.

(Claimer: I am the US/Canadian distributor.)