[Tig] DarbeeVision?

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Fri Aug 6 18:17:49 BST 2010

Yesterday I was reading EE Times and read an article about
"DarbeeVision" (http://www.darbeevision.com/) which is both a
dual-camera shooting/post-processing technique, as well as a
post-processing only technique (less effective) which would even be
embedded in a TV.  The claim is that "depth cues" are embedded in the
image that the human visual system in the brain automatically
interprets.  It is claimed that early versions of this were used to
enhance Robert Altman's "Gosford Park".

It may be that this has been discussed at length elsewhere, but I have
never seen mention of it here.  Does anyone here have experience with
DarbeeVision?  Is it the consensus that the resulting "2.5-D" contrast
is a good thing, or is it a tiresome distraction best left as a
curiosity or for special cases?

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn