[Tig] Apple Color strange behavior

color correction dwooldridge at mac.com
Thu Aug 12 20:04:12 BST 2010

Anne,

I have been using mac color for about 5 years now in my home office.
As Joe said "Color has more than one strange behavior" Many things are going on in the background to "help you" Unfortunately changing the gamma does not help anyone and mac is aware of the problem.
If you search the forums you will see many rants about this exact issue.   SDI out to a pro calibrated monitor is key.  The dvi or vga outputs cannot be trusted.

I look forward to getting my new resolve in the mail and plan to stay far away from fcp Color.

Best of luck.

Darin Wooldridge
Freelance Colorist
Technicolor Digital Intermediates