[Tig] Sam Holtz

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Wed Dec 22 20:17:15 GMT 2010

I've been informed that Sam Holtz passed away sometime last night (Monday evening/Tuesday morning).

Sam was a major influence on many of us in post-production.   I worked for him at Action Video (a company he founded and ran in the 1980s and 90s, in Hollywood) for 7 years.  When you worked for Sam you felt like a member of his family.

People who knew Sam never forgot him, his character was that strong, and there are precious few characters like him remaining in our business.

As more details come to light, I'll share them with the TIG, or if anyone else hears of possible services, etc.  please share with the group; many of us knew Sam well.

sincerely,
Rob      TIG admin, colorist
--
Rob Lingelbach