[Tig] Sam Holtz

Steve Hullfish steve at veralith.com
Wed Dec 22 22:22:56 GMT 2010

Unlike so many on this list who have an impressive history in the business, I only met Sam recently.

I was touring with Tektronix this last summer, explaining the use of scopes in color correction. At the LA session, Sam introduced himself to me. I was excited to have him sitting in the audience and introduced him at the start of my talk as the "Godfather of color correction."

As my presentation went on Sam helped me out with his accumulated wisdom. I was honored to have him as a "co-presenter."

When I returned to Chicago, I was telling Bob Sliga of my encounter, though I didn't tell him who it was at first. I just launched into my best Sam Holtz impression. Without mentioning his name, Bob knew instantly who I was talking about!

Sam told me he was ill at the time, but that he came out because he loved keeping his hand in the business as much as he could.

Steve Hullfish