[Tig] Inconsistent video setup

David Mackenzie lyris1 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 18:29:34 GMT 2010

Ah, they manufactured some for a while where you couldn't turn this crap
off, I remember. They've changed their ways, thankfully.

>> Without a proper pluge via HDMI (why do set top boxes not include this?),
with automatic contrast "enhancement" still enabled in the set, and with
considerable black level detail still existing in some video well below the
reference black-point, it is not clear how a consumer is supposed to adjust
their TV for proper viewing.

As an ISF tech myself, I wonder the same thing sometimes. The industry is
just so horribly confused...