[Tig] Kodak

John Buck / Velocite velocite at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 06:29:25 GMT 2010

Pardon my ignorance but as I research the 3:2 pulldown issue
with electronic editing, for my own writing

I have found a book
Lost illusions: American cinema in the shadow of Watergate and Vietnam, 1970 ... By David A. Cook

that tells of a Kodak innovation in 1982. The text essentially says

Around the same time, Kodak created a way to record an eight digit SMPTE timecode for each film frame, with a transparent magnetic coating on its film stock.

What was this product? and was it realised?

Thanks TIG'ers
John