[Tig] YouTube can now play 4K

Tom Tcimpidis tom at tgt.org
Mon Jul 12 20:38:35 BST 2010

I've had TW cable modem service for almost 10 years now.  When I first got
it, I received about 2000Kb/Sec down and 368Kb/Sec up.  It has progressively
increased ever since then (and I am on my third modem in the process).
Isn't competition grand!  My last test a few days ago showed the following:

Run: 2010-07-10 13:30:49 EST

Download: 19478 (Kbps)

Upload: 1958 (Kbps)

Tested by server: 54 java

User's DNS: mindspring.com

I have tested at all times of the day and rarely see any statistical
significant change in speed.

The biggest limitation these days seems to be the servers on the other end
of the connection...

Tom