[Tig] LA visit

Steve Hullfish steve at veralith.com
Tue Jul 13 21:26:26 BST 2010

Hi all -

I'll be in LA the week of the 19th through the 23rd and am writing a
revised edition to my "The Art and Technique of Color Correction"
book. I'd love to set up some interviews or even maybe some color
grading sessions while I'm there with those of you in the LA area.

The main day I'll be trying to do this is Thursday the 22nd, but also
possibly the afternoon of the 23rd or the evenings of the 20th and 21st.

If anyone is interested in participating, let me know off-list.

For those who have not heard about this book before, I started writing
it back in about 2002 or 2003. The concept was to get multiple
colorists to grade the same images and then compare and contrast their
working methods and results. It's really a rare opportunity to see
different colorists do work on the same image. Anyway, I got about a
dozen colorists from LA, NY, Phillie, Miami and Chicago to sit down
for a few hours each to grade a set of images that I brought with me
on what was then a FinalTouch system. (Many of the regular TIGers were
included.) At the time, few colorists had used it, but most were able
to sit down at the Tangent Devices panel and just start working.

The book has been a critical success and the publisher has asked for a
new edition with some new interviews and new colorists and new
information, catching the book up with the technology of the times.