[Tig] HD noise reducer

sean at screentimeimages.com sean at screentimeimages.com
Fri Jul 16 03:28:40 BST 2010

If you mean real time transfer from a telecine, there's DVNR (Digital
Vision also makes the DVO software), Cintel Grace, Terranex and a few
others. You can pick up a used HD DVNR for anywhere between $6K and
$20K. Haven't seen the others for sale used lately, but new expect to
pay $50K-ish on up.

As far as DVO, you have to have either a Film Master of Phoenix
systems to get the DVO tools. We have this on our Film Master. Long
renders, although our hardware is 1 generation old.

We also have our own proprietary grain/noise software, called A.R.T.
(Advanced Restoration Tools). We launched this service about 6 months
ago, and it has some unique features as compared to any other system,
commercial or proprietary. We've already used it for several major
studio titles. I'd be happy to talk about this offline.

Thanks,

Sean McKee
Director
Restoration & New Technology