[Tig] HD noise reducer

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Wed Jul 21 16:24:14 BST 2010

(This was sent recently by Steve Simon at Snell as a posting for the HD noise reducer thread --Rob L. TIG admin)

From: "Steve Simon" <steve.simon at snellgroup.com>
To: <tig at colorist.org>
Subject: Re: [Tig] HD noise reducer
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 11:34:37 +0100

Steve Roberts wrote:
> I just attended a demo of Snell & Wilcox's Alchemist HD
> and was very surprised at how impressed I was with it.

As one of the designers, I am glad you liked it.

However there is a little confusion here I think. Alchemist
is our top of the range standards converter, whilst Archangel
is the film and video repair/restoration system.

Archangel is a hardware solution and runs in realtime,
it does not render.

More information, including some sample clips are available here:

http://www.snellgroup.com/products/conversion-and-restoration/restoration/archangel-ph.c orhttp://tinyurl.com/archangel-phc

-Steve