[Tig] Hardware vs. Software Scopes

Dave Pickett pickettscharge at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 28 16:18:29 BST 2010

I would add that an independent oscilloscope provides much greater detail and insight into the vector display than a rasterizer.  I know that a vector scope is a measure of a composite analog signal with phase of chroma in relation to burst but for grading it is the best display.  I know Rob L liked his lightening display but I digress.
Magnifying a rasterizer is always a disappointment in vector mode.

In parade I think rasterizers are great.  I just cant take the color coded RGB display.  Yes there are GBR displays but I would hope someone grading to a scope could tell which channel is which without a Christmas tree display.

I guess I have joined the curmudgeon age of grading.

Dave

Dave Pickett
Colorist