[Tig] LUTs from production - how useful are they?

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Wed May 5 01:30:13 BST 2010

On May 4, 2010, at 12:40 PM, Bob Kertesz wrote:

> What LUT file formats are in use?
>
> Is one format better than another? More consistent? More
> representative of
> what the DP was looking for?
>
> Do you find LUTs generated by one program better than that generated
> by
> another?

I'm also interested in answers to these questions, so I hope any

It's also interesting to me how the term LUT has come to encompass
"grading" when originally, if I'm not mistaken, LUTs were applied as
calibration adjustments, or translations between devices or programs.

Rob
--
Rob Lingelbach  TIG admin
rob at colorist.org