[Tig] NY Times article on Metropolis restoration

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Thu May 6 03:10:35 BST 2010

This is a pretty interesting article regarding the latest Metropolis
restoration.  It seems that a hunk of anchient film was found in
Buenos Aires which filled in the missing parts so the film is finally
complete again and the image quality should be better than ever
before.

   http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/05/movies/05metropolis.html

I have not seen this film for 20 years, but it is still familiar to
me.  It is an unforgettable sort of film.

Bob

P.S.  I am told that GraphicsMagick played a small role in the
restoration process.
--
Bob Friesenhahn