[Tig] LUTs from production - how useful are they?

Bob Kertesz bob at bluescreen.com
Thu May 6 16:36:53 BST 2010

>I'm looking for some information on how colorists deal with LUTs that are
>generated during production, and brought into the grading suite as (what I'm
>assuming is) a starting point.

So in addressing the question, I've had one private reply, one public reply,
and one private sales pitch.

Then the conversation drifted off into lists of stupid terminology, which I
also contributed to.

Really, are people not using production LUTs, or is this somehow a delicate
subject or something? I would have thought this was the ideal place to ask the
question...

--Bob

Bob Kertesz
BlueScreen LLC
Hollywood, California
bob at bluescreen.com

DIT and Video Controller extraordinaire.
The Ultimate in ULTIMATTE® compositing.©

High quality images for more than three decades - whether you've wanted them or not.©