[Tig] LUTs from production - how useful are they?

White Peter Mr (EAFA) Peter.White at uea.ac.uk
Mon May 10 10:37:19 BST 2010

Hi Bob,

We're not production minded (Archive with 6 SD telecines), and deal with the transfer of archive film to uncompressed data.  No LUTs here.  We setup our PAL Sony CRT grading monitors using conventional colour bars and ignore the colour shifts on what we've got on the PC LCD monitors.  We check the capture cards by applying the same image back to the CRT monitor via the analog outputs.  Obviously all of the telecine's are routinely maintained and calibrated too.  That's all.

Kind regards,

Peter

Peter White
Head of Technical Development