[Tig] full gamut vs. gamut controlled

Joey D'Anna jdanna at teamgroup.tv
Mon May 17 17:59:34 BST 2010

I recently talked to cinetal about this (the gamut controlled mode is a new feature in the latest software).

They basically said, if you are working in 709, or any other defined color space, to use gamut controlled mode, or the image will appear over saturated.

The "full gamut" mode is for if you are emulating film stock with a LUT, so you can use the full gamut of the monitor.