[Tig] dual link on NVIDIA SDI card

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Wed May 19 15:16:10 BST 2010

On Tue, 18 May 2010, Jean-Francois Panisset wrote:

> "Input" is for the incoming sync, which can be either SDI/HD-SDI or
> analog sync (composite or tri-level).
> "fill" is the A-Link
> "key" is the B-Link
> "fill/key" terminology comes from live keying applications, where the
> picture comes out of the A link (4:2:2) and the B link is used for a
> matte.

Does anyone have a reference for how these terms ('fill' & 'key') were 
orignally derived?  It seems likely that there is a long history, 
similar to other industry designations which stop making sense but 
continue to be used.

Bob Friesenhahn
bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us, http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/
GraphicsMagick Maintainer,    http://www.GraphicsMagick.org/

More information about the Tig mailing list