[Tig] Academy Award for Colorists?

Peter Sutton peter at kaurus.com
Wed May 19 20:18:40 BST 2010

Well for what it's worth, coming from a non colourist (maybe a once upon a time wanabe) I would certainly second that motion and be first on the list for a petition!
Everyone plays a part and not least the colourist, who, whether under direction or with free reign, can make or break a look befitting the scene.
Albeit on the periphery as telecine engineer then TK Tech sales to current projection grading integration scenarios and 3D, I have had the pleasure of dealing with many a colourist over the past 20 plus years from the technical to the outrageous with a flair for the impossible and if there were anyone you could call pivotal to a final release, and with no disrespect to anyone else playing a part in the process, at the post end, the colourist would be it.

Peter Sutton

T.D
KaurusĀ® Limited
www.kaurus.com