[Tig] Academy Award for Colorists?

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Wed May 19 20:45:39 BST 2010

On May 19, 2010, at 12:18 PM, Peter Sutton wrote:

> Well for what it's worth, coming from a non colourist (maybe a once
> upon a time wanabe) I would certainly second that motion and be
> first on the list for a petition!

Existed, in years past, the ITS Monitor Awards, with a Colorist
category.  Final Panels consisting of colorists were held in NYC,
Chicago, and L.A.   I recall the first year of these awards, we were
asked to judge from composite NTSC (may even have been 3/4"); in
succeeding years D1 was provided.

Some TIG messages on this subject can be found at

http://tig.colorist.org/pipermail/oldtig-mhonarc/1998/msg01466.html
  (follow <Thread Next> for replies)

--
Rob Lingelbach