[Tig] Academy Award for Colorists?

DOMENIC ROM domrom at optonline.net
Wed May 19 21:06:00 BST 2010

I remember the first year in New York, I was honored to be invited to
judge, the room was filled with legends of the industry and I was
humbled to be there (I do remember Booby Johansen making us all laugh
non stop as he picked on everyone). we debated for over an hour, how do
you judge color correction since so much is dependent on the
cinematography how do we know what was done to the material by the
colorist, did it also go through VFX. Making a documentary look good was
often a bigger challenge than a commercial or a feature given the source
material.

I thought it was a strange award until Jimmy Mann won representing Duart
one year, than it became the best award around!

Domenic