[Tig] Matchframe Video Closed/Laser Pacific Sold/Ascent's CEO passes

Ted Langdell ted at tedlangdell.com
Mon May 31 05:57:21 BST 2010

> Rob Lingelbach wrote:
> There was a rumor circulating that Matchframe Video in Burbank had
> closed.  Is there any truth to it?
>>

>> Rob
>> --
>> Rob Lingelbach   TIG admin
>> rob at colorist.org

On May 30, 2010, at 12:52 PM, Grace McKay wrote:here is a story about
it...

> http://www.marketwatch.com/story/matchframe-video-llc-2010-05-28?reflink=MW_news_stmp

A previous Marketwatch story on the purchase of 67% by AZCAR is here:
http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/AZCAR-Acquires-67-of-Matchframe-Video-LLC-TSX-AZZ-1035537.htm

The company's plans were outlined here in October:
http://www.studiodaily.com/blog/?p=2045

Azcar expected Matchframe to be profitable by the second half of 2010
according to the company's 2009 annual revenue statement:
http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/AZCAR-Announces-Financial-Results-for-2009-TSX-VENTURE-AZZ-1138167.htm

> Also of note, and probably everyone but me knew it, is that Kodak
> has sold Laser Pacific to a HIG Capital.
>
> http://southflorida.citybizlist.com/yourcitybiznews/Detail.aspx?id=73506

That happened in early April, and was announced Apr. 7, 2010.
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/hig-capital-announces-acquisition-of-laser-pacific-2010-04-07

> Are these guys the next Ascent?
> Grace McKay

Sad note there: Ascent's family is mourning the loss of its 44-year
old President and COO, Jose Royo from undisclosed causes Tuesday, May
18 in Venice, CA.
http://www.ascentmediacorporation.com/05182010.aspx
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118019660.html?categoryId=25&cs=1

No services have been announced, yet.

Royo was pictured in the LA times with the quote below
http://www.latimes.com/business/lat-fi-himi06_ku1tn0nc,0,930209.photo

It doesn't matter whether you're in academia or business," Ascent
Media CEO Jose Royo says. "At the end of the day it's about who you
want to be, building the right team and giving everybody clear roles
and responsibilities.

We wish the best for his wife and two children, and the people at the
companies he steered.

Ted