[Tig] FSM Sydney releases amazing new extreme speed camera

peter_swinson at compuserve.com peter_swinson at compuserve.com
Fri Apr 1 11:06:14 BST 2011

Wow I want that camera.

Mind you the shutter is a bit slow,I once built a camera that had a shutter that ran faster than the speed oflight, so fast in fact that you did not need color filters because the shutterchopped the light into partial quantum wavelengths so varying the shuttervaried the color response. Of course it wasa sequential RGB system and varyingthe shutter between sequences required speed changes that generated G forces inthe several hundreds.  And the peripheryof the shutter blade ran at around 5 times the speed of light, generating itsown “White Hole”. As for storage, well we used film, however we only used thecamera once, for a 2 millisecond shot of a Red salesman honestly explaining hiscameras capabilities. Trouble is that was in 2006 and we are still processing thefirst nanoseconds worth of the negative.

Cheers

Peter