[Tig] Premature Death of SR

Bob Kertesz bob at bluescreen.com
Mon Apr 4 22:52:49 BST 2011

>The notion of revisiting, scanning or whatever, original elements, of
>any kind, seems like a Mug's Game to me.  Who is going to do all the
>intervening post work?

I have to agree.

With the exception of a dozen or two classics, some of which have been done as
"proof of concept", or for the sake of vanity, the idea of going back to the
original neg and starting the post process over from the scan is simply
financially unsound. It's good theory, but unwieldy and expensive execution.

It is, however, a remarkably convenient theoretical process to drag out over
and over and over when discussing the long term viability of digital
acquisition and digital media and why it just sucks. Even if hardly anyone is
ever going to actually do it.

--Bob

Bob Kertesz
BlueScreen LLC
Hollywood, California
bob at bluescreen.com

DIT and Video Controller extraordinaire.
The Ultimate in ULTIMATTE® compositing.©

High quality images for more than three decades - whether you've wanted them or not.©