[Tig] Unearthed photos, from Peter Swinson.

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Tue Apr 5 08:28:20 BST 2011

On Apr 4, 2011, at 1:31 PM, Bob Kertesz wrote:

> That had to be taken in the early Editel days - some time between 1973 and
> 1975. The at&t building in the shot was taken over by Editel around 1975-1976,
> and turned into audio finishing and Edit 5 (with Bosch BCN-50 decks).

Thank you for the correction Bob.  Eventually, the AT+T building became expansion space for new telecine suites in the 1990s.

> Sam is standing outside YumYum Donuts and Rafallo's Pizza (both still there)
> across Highland. It's possible I may have taken the photo. There weren't that
> many of us at Editel then, and Rafallo's was one of our regular lunch places.

Seems ironic that Raffalo's and Yum Yum are still in business, whereas the grand designs of Editels past (incarnations as a subsidiary of: MGM Screen Gems; Coca-Cola; Unitel; and ?) were subsumed by a new economics.

Rob

--
Rob Lingelbach   Colorist, Dolby Laboratories
rob at colorist.org http://rob.colorist.org