[Tig] Post House vs. Quantel Pablo on Red Group

Neil Smith neilsm at mac.com
Mon Aug 29 15:31:09 BST 2011

On Aug 28, 2011, at 9:50 PM, Rob Lingelbach wrote:

>> Yikes!
>>
>> I'll leave you to post it if you want to.  But I suspect the message will be
>> pulled very quickly.

Looks as though your suspicions were correct, Rob ...... thread seems to have been pulled overnight ... shame, it was starting to generate an interesting discussion on the relative merits of different coloring platforms and business models.

What I did find interesting is what happened to Oasis Imagery .... they seemed to have spent a fortune on upgrading the facility over the course of a year only to close down shop almost as soon as they opened.

The complete building along with a ton of high-end equipment (eg, 5 x Luster bays and a 130 TB SAN) are now up for sale for a mere $5.5 million - see details below:

http://6500sunset.com/index.html

Looks like a bargain if you have some spare cash .... anyone know what happened to cause such an abrupt shutdown from an obviously well funded company?

Neil

Neil Smith
Managing Director
Hollywood-DI