[Tig] Post Production Disrupted

trovak at comcast.net trovak at comcast.net
Tue Dec 6 15:22:47 GMT 2011

Mike,
I agree with your assessment of how things have evolved, but I do not agree that this creates great editors, colorists etc... At best it creates average talent. Maybe that's why I see so much "average" color correction on TV today. The creativity, and higher level color correction, is being left out for "it's good enough", by people who can only color "good enough".
To achieve a higher level in the art you work at takes great discipline and constant practice, by using that skill on a daily basis. Not once a week or every other week etc... as you would in the situation you described.
As Bruce Lee said "I don't fear the thousand techniques you've practiced once. I fear the one technique you've practiced a thousand times".
I think it's unfortunate that this generation does not get a chance to "specialize".
Best
Rovak

Tom Rovak – Sr. DI Colorist
Commercials, Feature Films, Music Videos

Foundation Content/Post - Chicago/Los Angeles
200 East Ohio Street
Suite 200
Chicago IL 60611
(312)951-8734 Office