[Tig] Content Management System (Drupal)

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Tue Dec 6 17:21:06 GMT 2011

On Mon, 5 Dec 2011, Rob Lingelbach wrote:

> With a nod to Mikey Wilsker and Frederick Wedler, I might rebuild
> the TIG into a Drupal-based system.  It will be a little more
> blog-like, unless I miss my guess, and might even make the somewhat
> radical change from an email-based system to a completely web-based
> system, albeit with RSS for instant notification of postings.

That sounds great except that it is quite likely that most of the Tig
subscribers (who are usually busy working) would then be lost since
they would fail to subscribe via RSS or fail to pay attention to RSS
notifications.  The "in your face" nature of email tends to assure
continued interactions.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn