[Tig] Prores decode and encode finally in FFMPEG

Andreas Widerøe andreas at filmtek.no
Sun Dec 18 19:29:25 GMT 2011

I guess this is good news then since ffmpeg is open source. ;-)

I fully agree with you about open source, quality and compression. However,
since so many use Prores, I think it's great to finally have a way of
encoding and decoding into this format using open source software.

Still I think, like you, that there should be a public format that was both
embraced by the industry, had high quality and lossless/no compression and
great quality.

Best regards,
Andreas Widerøe

---