[Tig] Film and Japanese Quake/Tsunami effects (was Sony Corporation Atsugi Technology Center)

Ted Langdell ted at tedlangdell.com
Fri Mar 18 05:09:05 GMT 2011

On Mar 17, 2011, at 1:31 PM, David Crosthwait wrote:
> Is film poised to make a huge comeback for acquisition?

If that proves to be the case, can Kodak (and Fuji) provide enough raw
stock to keep up with demand?

Is film stock production being ramped up as Pilot season begins and
shooting for the new season looms?

Will there be enough transfer systems, colorists and engineers to jump
in and handle what's shot?

On Mar 17, 2011, at 12:43 PM, Christopher Noellert wrote:
> Here in LA the D5 parachute has already been deployed, with all new
> productions (commercials) mastering solely to D5 for HD.

Will there be enough D5 equipment to go around?

Someone asked on another list today about sourcing HDCAM and HDCAM SR
heads. Tony Korte from head rebuilder Video Magnetics advises Sony was
the sole source.  With D5HD making a resurgence, sourcing heads might
be an issue.

This promises to be an interesting NAB.

Ted

Ted Langdell
flashscan8.us

See you at our NAB Booth SL9910 in Las Vegas April 11-14, 2011
use code LV1449 to get your free exhibits pass.
ACVL in Santa Rosa, CA June 22-25 and
AMIA in Austin, TX, November 15-19, 2011