[Tig] Premature Death of SR

Jeff and Jill Jones jeff-jones at att.net
Mon Mar 21 01:20:26 GMT 2011

Help me here. Doesn't Sony's own stated goals for the SR format say it is to
go filebased? I see the latest developments at the Sony manufacturing plant
as a welcomed inconvenience, which will only get the Cine-Alta more use as a
direct already formatted file (Straight from the camera to your MAC) No SR
tape involved. Anyone who is predicting the death of SR and a huge comeback
for film is very shortsighted.  I'm sure film makers are rushing to add more
expense to their post (shooting film). You get to wait for your dailies. . .
pay for lab processing. . . pay for a telecine suite to grade in. . .  have
film grain moving like ants over your image on an LCD or plasma and find a
place to correctly store your film for what? . . Fifty years. That's not too
big of an expense I guess. (sarcasm in use)

Jeff Jones
Colorist
Color Image Post